"Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking outside your body" ~Elizabeth Stone

Sunday, March 28, 2010

My near death experience

okay.. well maybe thats being a bit dramatic! But damn! I jjust got over six days of being the sickest I've ever been in my entire life. I cant believe strep throat kicked my booty that bad. It started with a sore throat, I thought it was allergies (this part of California is ridiculous this time of year).. but it only got worse. It turned into very bad headached, swollen lymph nodes, sore neck and back, and my jaw and teeth had this pain that felt like it came from so deep down inside. It was disgusting. I've never had any teeth problems before. Yes, at the ripe age of 26 I've never had a single cavity, never had my wisdom teeth pulled, never had braces, nothing more than my teeth cleaned... this pain, however, made me want all of my teeth ripped out immediately!
Those people who really know me know I also dont like to take meds and I was on ample amounts of antibiotic and vicodin. I normally never would have taken a single pill, but they were the only thing that kept me sane and let me get some sleep... and I'm the girl who wouldnt even take the vicodin they prescribed me after childbirth. I'm so hardcore (except in the case of sore throats apparently) LOL

So I missed like a week of work, and a week of beautiful northern california springtime. I missed a week of my boy's spring break (which means they drove me crazy all week) But I'm Back! I'm feeling good, went to work last night and had a great night, today's my day off and I have big plans.. so..look out world here she comes!!!

0 comments: